IWD Fundraising Project
Every year CFUW clubs raise funds for a women’s equality project selected by the Board of Directors. The projects are chosen from applications sent in by international and national organizations that support women’s equality.
In 2014 - 2015 we raised over $3000 for IFUW Bina Roy Partners in Development Program, named after Dr Bina Roy, the first Asian President of the International Federation of University Women. BRPRD supports projects that empower girls and women through education and leadership development.
In 2013 - 2014 we raised over $2,000 for Bina Roy.
In 2012 - 2013 we raised over $8,000 for Care Canada’s programs in the area of maternal and peri-natal health. For ever $1 that CFUW members donate, the government matched with $3.
In 2011 - 2012
We raised over $7,000 for Care Canada’s programs to support gender equality and development abroad./p>
2016 Project: Inter Pares and the Salvadoran Feminist Collective for Local Development
The project aims to reinforce and build on previously successful efforts in the struggle to end violence against women in El Salvador by:
- Providing immediate and follow up care to women experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, situations of violence.
- Enhancing the capacities and resilience of front-line workers who attend to situations of violence against women.
- Enhancing municipal level awareness on the relationship between violence against women and citizen security, and strengthening efforts by municipal authorities
- To develop and implement municipal action plans to prevent VAW.
Fundraising Goal: $7,000 (That’s less than $1 per CFUW member!)
Visit the Inter Pares website for more information.
2017 Project: MATCH International Women’s Fund
Funds raised by CFUW members in 2017 will allow the MATCH International Women’s Fund to expand its support for grassroots women’s organizations and groups in the global South. MATCH partners with over 650 women's groups in 75 countries and in current "hot spots" to:
- Dismantle barriers, change systems, challenge perceptions, transform society and help women address the needs of their communities.
- Provide women and their families with basic support and services, from keeping the lights on at women’s shelters, to workshops that empower women about their rights, and helps women hold the ground they have gained as well as assisting women in breaking new ground to support new ways to bring about social change.
Fundraising Goal: $10,000
Visit the MATCH International Women’s Fund website for more information.