16 Days of Activism 2023
The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence is an annual international campaign, and one of the largest organizing strategies in the prevention and elimination of gender-based violence around the world. It begins on November 25, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, and ends on December 10, Human Rights Day. CFUW clubs across the country plan events, marches, and vigils to commemorate the 16 Days and National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women on December 6.
Each year, CFUW produces a 16 Days of Activism Information Package including details about the campaign and information about specific focus areas related to gender-based violence. It also contains 16 facts about gender-based violence, 16 ways to take action against it, and 16 resources to read, listen to, or watch to learn more about the subject.
Read it here (here in French) and consider what actions you can take in support of the 16 Days campaign.
Find CFUW’s 16 Days posters to print and hang in your local community, or post on social media, here:
Find template letters to write to your local Mayor/City Council attached here:
1. Declaring Gender-Based Violence an Epidemic (Please check if your city has already done this before writing to your Mayor/City Council.)
- Template letter for CFUW clubs
- Template letter for individual members of the public
- Template letter for FCFDU clubs – FR
- Template letter for individual members of the public – FR
2. Lighting up City Hall in orange/purple for the 16 Days